Due to the current COVID-19 emergency, our annual May event will be a Virtual Experience. This decision was difficult, and we will miss you, but we believe this is the best way to keep your family safe. A virtual run/walk can be completed whenever or wherever you want. You can run or walk from any location you choose - on a road, on a trail, or even on a treadmill. You complete your own race, at your own pace. Everyone can safely participate while supporting the Children’s Dyslexia Centers of Metropolitan Chicago.
What is the cost: $35.00 (General donations to the Centers are welcome and appreciated)
What do you get: Each registered participant receives a WALK kit including a special commemorative event t-shirt, custom event medal and free shipping. Registration kits will be shipped within ten days of registration.
What are the dates: Anytime starting in May 2020
Five Easy Steps
1. Register - Click on the Register button and enter your information.
2. Raise money - Send your personal donation link to your friends family neighbors and coworkers.
3. Walk/Run - Wherever, whenever between now and May 31
4. Share - Tell us why you are walking? Share your story with us by posting a photo or video of yourself in your Dyslexia Walk T-shirt to any of our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) using the hashtag - #WalkForDyslexiaChicago
5. Print - Report your results and we will email you a customized Finisher Certificate which you can print at home (registered walk/run participants only).
We’re walking to raise money to help children with dyslexia learn to read and write. Imagine looking at this page and not being able to process letter sequences correctly. You’re smart, but you can’t read what it says.
Good news. While dyslexia cannot be cured, it can be overcome. Please join us in providing HOPE in overcoming dyslexia. We’re walking to raise money to help children with dyslexia learn to read and write.
Through our Chicagoland Centers, we provide children with the highest quality, state-of-the-art, multi-sensory tutorial reading and written language instruction - all free of charge. And we train volunteers in the art, science and practice of tutoring children to overcome dyslexia.